A few weeks ago, Michael entered a salsa contest at work. They do fun things like that from time-to-time. Salsa, chili, beans, watermelon seed spitting… Of course he waited until the night before to find a recipe and buy the supplies, and I was tasked with scouring Pinterest for a good salsa recipe. I came across the Pioneer Woman’s (of course!) and it sounded perfect so that is what we settled on.
He ended up winning Second Place! (First Place was green sauce which really shouldn’t even count….).
This recipe was easy, delicious, and cheap.
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Rotel
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro (or more!)
- In a blender or food processor, put all the ingredients.
- Pulse several times until it is the consistency you like.
- Enjoy with chips! So easy! (and perfectly delicious)