Another Pioneer Woman recipe. I told you, I’m obsessed. Last week we made delicious Beef and Bean Burritos.
These are so simple, but everything comes together so wonderfully to make a really great meal. They are so filling too. We both ate two, but that was more than enough.
You can find the recipe and her helpful tips and beautiful pictures here, but I will also post the recipe below.
Beef and Bean Burritos- The Pioneer Woman
- Ground beef, 2 lbs.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 oz. enchilada sauce
- 28 oz. refried beans
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion. Once the beef is cooked and onion soft, add the cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add half the can of enchilada sauce (7 oz) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While that is simmering, empty the refried beans into a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- This is the best step! Add the 3/4 cup cheese to the beans and stir until the cheese melts. DELICIOUS.
- Once the beans and beef mixtures are ready, heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute. (Only heat as many as you are going to be eating. If there’s only two of you, 12 might be a bit too many)
- Spread beans, beef and any other toppings you’d like (we added rice, cheese, and cilantro)
- Fold the ends of the tortillas and then roll them up.
- Put two burritos on a plate and pour enchilada sauce over them and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Heat each set of two in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and ENJOY!!