A few months ago when we were at my parent’s house, my mom had made some banana muffins. They were delicious. We couldn’t stop eating them! She sent me home with the recipe and I made them for the first time a couple weeks ago. Being on Weight Watchers, I had to calculate the points and they were 3.8 pts each. Too many points, especially since I couldn’t eat just one! So I adjusted the recipe a bit this week and made them again, and they are now 2.5 points each. I took out some of the sugar and oil, and made them a little smaller. But still perfectly delicious. This recipe makes 24 muffins.
These could also be made healthier by using different oil, different flour, adding proteins… But I’m just not into all that, yet.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce (the amount in one of the little containers)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking cups in pan or spray muffin pan.
- Beat oil and sugars well.
- Add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake about 15 minutes, until brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.