I saw this dessert on Pinterest and was so excited to make it. It’s basically oatmeal cookies with fudge in between, topped with M&Ms. It seemed sort of like a fall dessert, though as the recipe points out, you can just change the M&M’s out to make it themed for any holiday and time of the year!
M&M Chocolate Oat Bars– Lil’ Luna
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 cup M&Ms (For the fall version, I bought a “large” size bag and picked out the red, yellow, orange, and brown. Then you get to eat the rest!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and 1 cup softened butter with a spoon. Remove 1 cup and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a small pot, melt condensed milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter over low-medium heat. Stir constantly until chips are melted and all is mixed well.
- Pour chocolate chip mixture over the bottom layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle leftover cup of oat mixture over the chocolate.
- Top with M&Ms and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting, if you can! (I couldn’t wait!)
One response to “M&M Chocolate Oat Bars”
Yep, yep. Definitely like what I’m seeing here. Yummy! =D